Rent A

Nautical License

If you’re a Maltese national and you want to operate a power driven vessel, you need to have a Nautical License.  You need to have a Nautical License if:

  • You wish to operate a vessel with an engine of 30hp or over
  • You have a vessel with more than one engine whose total power is 30hp or over
  • Your vessel is less than 24 meters length
  • You would like to operate a power-driven vessel within 12 Nautical miles of the Maltese coast

If you wish to obtain a Nautical License, please get in touch with any of the following institutions: